Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Many Others Sing the Songs of Alabama
In May 1980, The boys from Fort Payne, Alabama scored their first number one song with Tennessee River. And since that time, they have become one of the most successful and decorated acts in country music history.
When you have a career like Alabama’s, which includes dozens of number ones, in just a matter of time before an album is released that features current day artists performing your songs. We like to think of it as a tribute, but, of course, the record company would like to think of it as an extra way of making the green.
Anyway, next Tuesday, August 27th, the album ‘Alabama and Friends’ will be released. Many of Alabama’s great hits are featured, but sung by artists such as Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, and Florida/Georgia Line. Most of the versions are just jazzed up/rocked up versions of the classics, however, I must admit, I do like the risk Rascal Flatts took in doing their updated version of ‘Old Flame’.
The Merrell in the Morning Show is featuring many of the cuts from the CD on Friday. The complete track listing follows:
1. ‘Tennessee River,’ Jason Aldean
2. ‘Love in the First Degree,’ Luke Bryan
3. ‘Old Flame,’ Rascal Flatts
4. ‘Lady Down on Love,’ Kenny Chesney
5. ‘The Closer You Get, ‘Eli Young Band
6. ‘Forever’s as Far as I’ll Go,’ Trisha Yearwood
7. ‘She & I,’ Toby Keith
8. ‘I’m in a Hurry (And Don’t Know Why), ‘Florida Georgia Line
9. ‘That ’s How I Was Raised,’ Alabama
10. ‘All American,’ Alabama
11. ‘My Home’s in Alabama,’ Jamey Johnson