Merrell In The Morning Fun You May Have Missed – June 2nd, 2014
Did you hear the Celebration this morning on Merrell In the Morning? Here's what you missed: Bad gas at breakfast, celebrating Bubbas, a 66 year old Beaver, and more!
Salute your graduates! Call 344-1115 to leave your personal message for "Graduate Shout outs"!
National Bubba Day
National Leave the Office Early Day
National Thank God It's Monday Day
Yell "Fudge" at the Cobras in North America Day
1941 - (Walter) Stacy Keach Jr. - actor: Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer, Conduct Unbecoming, Sunset Grill, Texas, Road Games, The Long Riders, Brewster McCloud; narrator: Plague Fighters, Olympic Glory, Savage Seas,World’s Most Amazing Videos; host: Missing Reward, Case Closed
1941 - William Guest  - singer: group: Gladys Knight & The Pips: Every Beat of My Heart, Letter Full of Tears, Everybody Needs Love, I Heard It Through the Grapevine, If I Were Your Woman, Neither One of Us [Wants to be the First to Say Goodbye], Where Peaceful Waters Flow, Midnight train to Georgia, Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me, I’ve Got to Use My Imagination, On and On, The Way We Were,Try to Remember
1941 - Charlie Watts  - musician: drummer: groups: Rolling Stones: [I Can’t Get No] Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women; solo: LPs: Live at Fulham Town Hall; Charlie Watts Quintet: From One Charlie, A tribute to Charlie Parker with Strings, Warm and Tender, Long Ago & Far Away
1944 - Marvin Hamlisch - Academy Award-winning pianist, composer: for adapted score: The Sting ; original score and song: The Way We Were ; Grammy Award-winner: The Way We Were & Best New Artist; Tony Award-winner: A Chorus Line ; died Aug 6, 2012
1948 - Jerry Mathers  - actor: Leave It to Beaver, The Trouble with Harry, Back to the Beach
1955 - Dana Carvey  - actor, comedian, impersonator: Saturday Night Live, Clean Slate, It Happened in Paradise, Wayne’s World
From http://wwlp.com/ -
A perfect example of how a gas problem can ruin your breakfast. A Dunkin’ Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.
Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.
The tech’s detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.
The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.
Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.