The Top Ten Most Boring Cities in Texas
Movoto Real Estate has put together lists of the top ten most exciting and most boring cities in the state of Texas. Let’s focus on what they had to say about those cities that they claim to be lackluster.
First of all, let’s set the criteria that Movoto used to gauge their list. Only the 100 most populated Texas cities were included in the survey, then, the following judging standards were used:
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are not fast food (the higher the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 18 to 34 (the higher the better)
So, here are the top ten most boring Texas cities:
7. La Porte
9. Grand Prairie (tie)
9. Pearland (tie)
In a separate article we noted that Nacogdoches was in the top 30 most exciting cities. However, Lufkin, according to this survey, ranked in the bottom 30 when it comes to excitement. You can see the entire listing and more details here.
What do you think about the results of the survey?