Up to the Minute East Texas Severe Weather Updates
All of East Texas is under the gun today when it comes to flooding and severe weather. We are using this blog to pass along weather watches, warnings, and issues as they happen. A reminder that most of East Texas is now under at Tornado Watch until 10 p.m.
- 7:49 p.m. - Flash Flood Warning for Sabine and San Augustine Counties until 1:45 a.m. Heavy rain is moving into the warned area and flash flooding is expected to occur throughout those counties.
- 6:42 p.m. - Flash Flood warning for Shelby County until 12:45 a.m. Heavy rainfall could lead to flooding for locations such as Center, Shelbyville, Tenaha, Timpson, and Patroon.
- 6:30 p.m. - Flash Flood Warning for Angelina County until 12:30 a.m. Heavy rainfall could lead to flooding for locations such as Lufkin, Hudson, Diboll, Zavalla, Huntington, and Pollok.
- 6:20 p.m. - Flash Flood Warning for Nacogdoches County until 12:15 a.m. Heavy rainfall in the area could cause flash flooding. Locations include Nacogdoches, Woden, Cushing, Martinsville, Appleby, Garrison, Douglass, and Chireno.
- 4:52 p.m. - The Flash Flood Warning for Anderson, Robertson, Freestone, and Leon Counties has been extended to 8 p.m.
- 4:39 p.m. - Flash Flood Warning until 10:45 p.m. for Rusk County. Heavy rainfall which could lead to flash flooding is starting to occur in the county. Areas such as Henderson, Kilgore, Overton, and Tatum should remain alert for rising water.
- NOTE - New tornado watches have been issued for portions of East Texas. A tornado watch is now in effect until 10 p.m. for Angelina, Nacogdoches, Sabine, Tyler, Cherokee, Hardin, Jasper, Rusk, Newton, San Augustine, and Shelby Counties. A separate tornado watch is in effect until 7 p.m. for Houston, Trinity, Polk, and Walker counties.
- 3:51 p.m. - Severe Thunderstorm Warning for northeastern Houston County until 4:15 p.m. Radar indicated a severe thunderstorm near Kennard. This storm is moving north at 50 mph. Winds gusting up to 60 mph could occur around Kennard and Weches.
- 3:05 p.m. - Severe Thunderstorm Warning for northwestern Trinity and north central Houston Counties until 3:30 p.m. A severe thunderstorm was located 9 miles southeast of Crockett at 3:05, the storm is moving north at 55 mph. Winds could gust up to 60 mph. Locations that could be impacted include Crockett, Kennard, Weches and Pennington.
- 2:56 p.m. - Flash Flood Warning for Cherokee County until 9 p.m. tonight. Heavy rain is falling over Cherokee County, up to 4 inches of rain could fall. Some locations that could experience flooding include Jacksonville, Alto, Wells, Forest, and Rusk.
- 2:39 p.m. - Severe Thunderstorm Warning for central Walker, northwestern Montgomery, southwestern Trinity, southern Houston, and east central Madison Counties until 3:15 p.m. Radar indicated a line of severe storms near Willis to near Trinity. Movement is north at 65 mph. Winds could gust up to 60 mph.
- 2:29 p.m. - Severe Thunderstorm Warning for northeastern Walker, southwestern Trinity, and central Houston Counties until 3 p.m. Radar indicated a severe thunderstorm 10 miles north of Huntsville, the storm is moving north at 65 mph. Winds could gust up to 60 mph. Locations that could be impacted include Trinity, Crockett, Lovelady, Riverside and Latexo.
- 1:59 p.m. - Flash Flood Warning for Anderson, Robertson, Freestone, and Leon Counties until 5 p.m. Flash flooding is expected to continue in locations such as Palestine, Frankston, Oakwood, Elkhart, and Centerville.
- 12:25 p.m. - Flash Flood Warning for Smith County until 6:30 p.m. Rainfall totals over 4 inches are expected in the county and will cause flooding in areas such as Tyler, Whitehouse, Lindale, Bullard, Chapel Hill, and Winona.
- 11:57 a.m. - Tornado Warning for southeastern Wood and northwestern Smith Counties until 12:45 p.m. Radar indicated possible rotation near Lindale. The storm is moving northeast at 25 mph. Areas near Mineola and Hainesville should be alert.
- 10:34 a.m. - Tornado Warning for northeastern Nacogdoches, northwestern Shelby, and southeastern Rusk Counties until 11 a.m. Radar indicated possible rotation near Melrose. The storm is moving north at 40 mph. Areas near Garrison and eventually near Mount Enterprise should be alert.
- 9:47 a.m. - Severe Thunderstorm Warning for central Trinity and northeastern Houston counties until 10:15 am. Radar indicated a severe storm near Groveton with possible wind gusts to 60 mph. The storm is moving north at 45 mph. Towns that may be impacted include Kennard and Centralia.