What Could You Buy If You Won Mega Millions?
The Mega Millions jackpot is now up to a lottery world record payout of $540 million!!
Even if you took the cash payout, which most all winners do, that would be a lump sum of over $390 million.
Let’s take a look at what that could buy.
1. Go buy yourself a fleet of about twenty 18-wheelers, then drive them to your favorite grocery store and tell them you want you want buy everything in the store, from the bananas to the aspirin. The grocer re-stocks their inventory and repeat the process. You could do this at least 30 times and still have lots of money left over.
2. Buy a cruise ship. Some of the ‘smaller’ Carnival cruisers start at about $370 million.
3. Buy a trip to the moon and back…just $100 million.
4. Take your family and friends to stay for a while at the Isla De Sa Ferradura. A 14-acre private island in the Mediterranean with every amenity that you could think of, and then some. Cost is $230,000 per week, which means you could stay there for 32 years before trying to win another lottery.
5. Put on your own concert featuring George Strait, Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Reba, Brad Paisley, and Luke Bryan, and then go buy out another grocery store to feed all the concert goers….still have plenty of money to go back to Isla De Sa Ferradura for a few years.
6. Buy Albert Pujols away from Anahem and get him to play for the Houston Astros. He’s currently under contract for $250 million, but you can top that.