5,000 COVID Vaccine Doses Allotted for The Pineywoods This Week
The Texas Department of State Health Services has released their week 8 distribution numbers of COVID-19 vaccine doses across the state. Some 5,000 doses were allotted for counties in Deep East Texas including Angelina, Nacogdoches, Shelby, San Augustine, Houston, Tyler, Newton, Jasper and Polk.
Here is a list of the businesses, clinics, hospitals, or pharmacies in the Pineywoods that received or will receive allotments in week 8 (2/1/2021). The number of doses allotted is also indicated. All doses are the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
- Jasper-Newton Co Public Health District, 139 W Lamar St., Jasper - 1,600
- Angelina County & Cities Health District, 503 Hill St., Lufkin - 700
- Crockett Medical Center Clinic, 1050 East Loop 304, Crockett - 300
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Eastham, Farm Road 230, Lovelady - 100
- S & R Drug Co, 1606 S. Margaret Ave, Kirbyville - 100
- East Texas Community Health Services, 1309 S. University Dr., Nacogdoches - 200
- Magnolia Court Assisted Living, 5902 North Street, Nacogdoches - 100
- Jasper-Newton County Public Health District, 210 High St., Newton - 300
- Brookshires Pharmacy 24, 100 S. Home St., Corrigan - 300
- Brookshires Pharmacy 21, 1253 W. Church St., Livingston - 500
- Hope Community Medicine, 109 E. Main St., San Augustine - 200
- Hope Community Medicine, 620 Tenaha St., Center - 200
- Hope Community Medicine, 157 Wall St., Tenaha - 100
- Brookshires Pharmacy 18, 520 S. Magnolia St., Woodville - 100
- Tyler County Hospital Family Medical Clinic, 104 N. Beech St., Woodville - 500
Texas is still in the first stages of rolling out the vaccine. Healthcare workers, persons over the age of 65, and people with medical conditions that put them at a greater risk of severe disease or death from COVID-19 are top priority as of now. If you have questions, you can reference the Texas Department of State Health Services website or you can contact the businesses, clinics, hospitals, or pharmacies who have received the vaccine doses and direct your questions to them.
As of this posting, nearly 4,000,000 vaccine doses have been distributed throughout the state.