A Look at East Texas Educators Nominated for Teacher of The Day
We're getting close to Spring Break and we have received quite a few nominations for our Teacher of the Day Promotion. However, there is still plenty of time to get your favorite teachers in the running to win the classroom grant.
Every semester we team up with Whataburger to award an East Texas teacher with a $1,000 classroom grant in our Teacher of the Day feature on KICKS 105. We ask our listeners to go to our KICKS 105 App or website and nominate a teacher...or two...or more. We then draw from those nominations for our semester winner.
Over the past 5 years, ten teachers have been awarded the $1,000. Most recently Kim Flores of St. Cyprian's School in Lufkin received the classroom grant.
There are many area teachers who get nominated every semester. Students, parents of students, co-workers, friends, and families take time to say some wonderful things about these nominated teachers. We've compiled a list of what was said about nominated teachers so far this Spring semester.
We were not able to find pictures of some of the teachers on their schools' websites. The first list is made up of those teachers. The second list includes a gallery of photos of nominated teachers.
Joanna Huckabee - Tenaha
- Joanna has been such a blessing to our school. She has resurrected our yearbook program with tremendous student participation. Her visual arts (camera/video) class and Tiger Media project have also helped create quite a marketing presence. Her students are so engaged and learn so many new skills. It's refreshing to see a fellow teacher bring such a spark to education.
Kristi Hill - Pineywoods Community Academy
- She is the sweetest teacher I have ever met. She helped my son when he was having a difficult time in kindergarten. She goes above and beyond what she is supposed to do. Loves all her kids equally
Kylie Smith - West Sabine Elementary
- She has been very special to my child throughout her first year of school. She has been an awesome teacher to all of her classes. Mrs. Kylie has made the year very calm for all her children. God has placed her at West Sabine and we were so very lucky for this!
Dee Kroll - Douglass High School
- She not only builds a great math foundation for all our students, but she also builds strong relationships that extend way past our student's graduation. She teaches many of the hardest classes yet continues to be a student favorite every year! This speaks volumes about her character and love for her students.
Paige Cowart - Onalaska ISD
- Words can't explain how grateful I am to have such a wonderful teacher to my daughter this year she has gone beyond to help Skylar get through first grade this year and I'm just really thankful for her she is a very extraordinary teacher
Kim Shofner - Troup Elementary School
- She is an amazing teacher with a heart for her students. She goes above and beyond the duties of the classroom and ensures that her students are able to fulfill their goals and ambitions. Troup ISD is very blessed to have her!
Jeanie Newman - Groveton Elementary
- All around greatness
- She is a special education teacher. She teaches each and every child in a way that best helps them. She treats them all as equals and helps them have their voice when they can't. She helps them build their confidence and is always there for them no matter what. It takes a very special teacher to teach someone special and to hear what the child can not say.
Kandace Frick-Vickers - West Sabine Elementary
- Kandace has been the best teacher a student could ever want. She gives her students daily school lessons and important life lessons. She always has the smile to welcome them and make their day the best
Teacher of the Day Nominations - Spring 2022
Here are some of the nominated teachers from the previous semester