New Guidelines for This Weekend’s Toledo Bend Big Bass Splash
The 34th Annual Big Bass Splash on Toledo Bend presented by Sealy Outdoors is coming up this Friday through Sunday. The tournament was originally scheduled in May, however safety concerns due to COVID-19 caused the dates to be rescheduled.
This terrible virus is still prevalent, so let's go over a few things that haven't changed and a few others that have.
- The payout is still the same. $516,000 in guaranteed cash and prizes will be paid out.
- The payout structure is still the same from the top 15 every hour, exact weight, and overall top 5.
- There will be no Little Anglers Division this year.
Now, let's dive into some of the new guidelines
For those anglers who are registering at the Tournament Site:
- First and foremost, we ask that if you are sick, Please Stay Home!
- Your temperature will be checked upon entering the registration line.
- You are required to wear a face covering such as a mask, buff or neck gaiter.
- You are required to practice social distancing at all times by staying at least 6 feet from others and remain in your vehicle until space becomes available.
For those anglers who wish to Pre-Register for the Tournament:
- You may sign up online at sealyoutdoors.com prior to 6am of the tournament day(s) you are registering to fish.
- You may email your entry to email@example.com up until 5pm on Tuesday, July 7.
- You may call the Sealy Outdoor's office for assistance @ 888.698.2591 through July 7th (Monday – Friday 9am-5pm).
- There will be NO check-in at the tournament site for Pre-Registered. Your entry and bonus options will be verified when you weigh in a fish and your tournament hat and bonus shirt will be available for pick up at the tournament registration trailer after the event only on Friday & Saturday from 2pm-4pm.
Early Bird Requirements:
All entries received by June 30th will be eligible to win one of five (Three Day Complimentary Entry into the 2021 Lake Toledo Bend, LA Big Bass Splash event). This drawing will be held during Awards Ceremony streaming LIVE on Facebook Sunday afternoon July 12th.
Hourly Weigh In Line:
- If you begin to experience symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, and shortness of breath) we ask you to leave and seek medical advice promptly.
- Contestants will have their temperature checked upon entering the restricted weigh in area.
- Contestants are required to wear face coverings before exiting their boat or vehicle, as well as, upon entering the restricted weigh in area.
- Contestants are required to follow the designated loop leading them through a weigh in line entrance and exit area.
- Contestants are required to remain at least 6’ from others at all times while in the restricted weigh in area and the tournament site.
- We will not allow more than twelve (12) contestants at the holding tanks in the restricted weigh in area at any given time. Only one contestant with their fish will be allowed per holding tank. Tanks will be spaced six (6) feet apart.
- No other contestants or spectators will be allowed in area. Spectators in and around the weigh in area/general grounds will be discouraged.
- The weigh in process will not be stopped to take photos. (If you want a photo of your fish please take it in your boat prior to coming to the weigh in).
- There will not be an awards ceremony at the tournament site on Sunday afternoon, instead we will be streaming LIVE on Sunday beginning @2:45pm. We ask for everyone to watch on Facebook: Sealy Outdoors – Big Bass Splash LIVE.
- The tournament winner to be the only contestant allowed at Sunday’s LIVE streaming.
- All drawings will be conducted during the LIVE streaming and all contestants will be eligible for prizes. Winners will be notified with arrangements to receive their prize(s).
- You won’t want to miss the famous Elimination Drawing, so make sure to have your cell phone close by because you never know when you may get that special phone call.
- All checks will be mailed. No hourly checks will be available for pickup at the tournament site.
As always, KICKS 105 will be broadcasting live at the tournament site with updates throughout tournament hours. We will also be posting information and results on our KICKS 105 Website, App, and Twitter Page.