Car Fire Extinguished Downtown Lufkin
A vehicle was parked downtown today like usual, but today, this car burst into flames, and looks to be a complete loss.
Flames were shooting up into the air at least 15 feet from as soon as I got the camera rolling. The Lufkin Fire Department showed up fast, and started working to put the fire out.
There was no one in the car, as far as we know at this time. These events are usually caused by electrical fires. Cars are sometimes scary to drive on the highways, but no one expects the danger to come from their own vehicle.
Subscribe to Kicks 105 on
Luckily it was off the road and there were no other cars in the area. Just as they put out the vehicle, and I was leaving, I heard a tire on the car pop. This is one of the prime reasons that you never approach a car that is on fire. Remember that the car could have over 20 gallons of flammable materials on board.
So play attention to your vehicles electrical systems, gas lines, and keep it clutter free, to avoid this happening to you.