It’s National Cheesecake Day – Danny Merrell Shares His Favorite Recipe
It’s only Tuesday, but already, this has been a great week. Yesterday was National Lasagna Day, and today is National Cheesecake Day.
I never met a cheesecake I didn’t like and even though I leave a lot to be desired when it comes to cooking, I have attempted and done pretty well at cooking cheesecakes. So, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite cheesecake recipes.
How does Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake sound? I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website and it is delicious!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Recipe
- Prep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- Yield: 12-14 Servings
- 1-3/4 cups crushed chocolate chip cookies or chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of a greased 9-in. pan. Place pan on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls over filling, gently pushing dough below surface (dough should be completely covered by filling). Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Sprinkle with remaining chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Now…how about sharing some of your favorite cheesecake dishes. You can include the recipe or just include a link to the recipe.