Expect Delays on These 30 East Texas Roads As Seal Coating Begins
It's Seal Coat Season
The Lufkin District of the Texas Department of Transportation is advising motorists across their 12-county region to get ready for upcoming slowdowns and detours as crews will be setting up barricades over the next several days for their annual seal coating operations.
The seal coat process extends the life of an asphalt roadway and enhances the safety of the roadway by helping to prevent cracks and potholes. Actual seal coating will begin with some locations on July 17, weather permitting.
Roads that are scheduled for seal coat treatment and the work limits for each include:
- SH 63, from 5 miles north of the Jasper County line to the Jasper County line.
- SH 147, from the south end of the SH 147 Bridge to SH 63.
- FM 1818, from FM 58 to US 69.
- FM 2497, from SH 94 to US 59.
- FM 325 (East Lufkin Avenue), from BU 59/Timberland Drive to SL 287/US 59.
- SH 21, from FM 95 to the San Augustine County line.
- SL 34, from FM 95 to SH 21.
- FM 95, from SL 34 to SH 103.
- FM 343, from FM 225 to US 59.
- FM 225, from 5.1 miles south of SH 21 to CR 715.
- FM 225, from 0.8 miles south of SH 204 to 5.1 miles south of SH 21.
Other roads scheduled for seal coating across the Pineywoods include:
- FM 356, from the Trinity County line to the end of state maintenance.
- FM 3126, from US 190 to FM 2457.
- FM 350, from US 190 to the end of state maintenance.
- SH 94, from US 287 to 1.6 miles south of FM 358.
- SH 94, from 1.3 miles south of FM 358 to the Neches River Bridge.
- US 287, from SL 304 to 1.1 mile south of FM 232.
- US 287, from the Anderson County line to 3.2 miles south of the Anderson County line.
- SH 21, from SL 304 to 2.5 miles south of FM 1733.
- SH 21, from 2.5 miles south of FM 1733 to FM 1733.
- FM 227, from BU 287 to FM 3016.
San Jacinto County:
- SH 150, from FM 945 North to SH 156.
- FM 980, from the Walker County line to US 190.
San Augustine County:
- SL 547, from SH 21 to SH 21.
- FM 353, from SH 147 to the Shelby County line.
- SH 87, from Collier Street to SH 147
- SH 87, from US 59 to US 96.
- FM 353, from the San Augustine County line to SH 87.
- SH 87, from FM 83 West to FM 2928.
- FM 2426, from FM 1 to SH 87.
As the seal coat project begins, motorists are urged to remember this is a moving operation. There will be signs, barricades, and traffic control in place. Reduce speed and obey all traffic control. Stay alert for workers near the lane of traffic and moving equipment throughout the work zone.