Cookies, Breads, Pies, and Rabbits Highlight Day Two of Angelina County Fair
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars...Pepperoni Pizza Bread...Mississippi Mud Brownies...Chocolate Butterscotch Caramel Bars.
I just gained 5 pounds by typing that.
Day 2 of the Angelina County Fair at the George H. Henderson Expo Center was full of more great accomplishments by the youth of the area. Some of them stopped by the Merrell in the Morning Show on Thursday and talked about their achievements, and in some cases, brought by some delicious samples.
Joining us on the Merrell in the Morning Show were:
- Breiley Ross - Best of Show - PreJunior Cookies (Oatmeal Pecan-laced Cookies)
- Chancy Dodd - Best of Show - Junior Cookies (White Chocolate Cherry Cookies)
- Anna Hancock - Best of Show - PreJunior Bar Cookies (Mississippi Mud Brownies)
- Reagan Rhiddlehoover - Best of Show - Junior Bar Cookies (Caramel Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars)
- Kendall Jackson - Best of Show -Senior Bar Cookies (Chocolate Butterscotch Caramel Bars)
- Nathan Smith - Best of Show - PreJunior Pies (Chocolate Meringue Pie)
- Charles Arnold - Best of Show - Junior Pies (Lemon Ice Box Pie)
- Trent Gorman - Best of Show - PreJunior Yeast Breads (Cream Cheese Rolls)
- Preston Jelinek - Best of Show - Junior Yeast Breads (Bacon topped Cinnamon Rolls)
- Clayton Ross - Best of Show - PreJunior Quick Breads (Banana Nut Bread)
- Holden Boulware - Best of Show - Junior Quick Breads (Pepperoni Pizza Bread with homemade marinara sauce)
- Rozalinn Runnels - Best of Show - Breeding Rabbit Opposite
- Wil Stafford - Market Rabbit Division Jr. Showmanship Champion
- Erica Hance - Grand Champion Rabbits
The Angelina County Fair continues through Saturday. The awards ceremony will take place Saturday at 3 p.m., while the auction kicks off at 4 p.m. Even if you only have a few dollars to spare, you can contribute to the buyer's pool to help support the scholarships for these area youth.