School Cancellations/Delays and Road Closures
Heavy rain across Texas and Louisiana is creating major issues in travel. Interstate 20 between Minden and Shreveport has been a nightmare for motorists thanks to major flooding around the Dorcheat Bayou area. Numerous water rescues have been taking place there.
Closer to home, a number of roads are impassable or very dangerous to cross thanks to high water or damage from the floods. Here's a partial list of some those problem areas.
- FM 2497: Water over roadway.
- FM 58 at FM 1818: Water over roadway.
- FM 844: Minor flooding.
- FM 95: Water over roadway.
- FM 343: Water over roadway.
- FM 2262: Flooded roadway in the Trevat community.
- FM 1280: Water over roadway.
- FM 357: Flooded roadway near the Trinity/Polk County line.
- FM 2501: Flooded roadway near the end of the pavement.
- FM 3154: Water over the road at Antioch Road.
- FM 230: Flooded roadway near Lovelady.
- SH 146: Tree across roadway.
- FM 352: Flooded roadway at Fox Creek and McManus Creek.
- FM 1276: Water over the road.
- FM 943: Flooded roadway at Big Sandy, Hickman and Long Tom creeks and trees across the roadway.
- FM 942: Flooded roadway.
- FM 350 South: Flooded roadway.
- FM 1988: Water over the roadway at Tempe Creek.
SAN AUGUSTINE COUNTY
- FM 353: Closed indefinitely after flooding caused a sinkhole and pavement separation.
- FM 1277: Flooded roadway at Speer Creek.
- FM 3230: Flooded with culvert damage.
- FM 711: Water across the roadway.
- SH 87: Roadway is closed and impassable.
- FM 1: Flooded roadway.
- FM 2971: Flooded roadway.
- FM 3315: Roadway flooded.
- FM 944: Water across the roadway.
SAN JACINTO COUNTY
- US 59: Water over the roadway at the construction site at FM 2914.
- US 59 at the Trinity River: The southbound frontage road and the boat ramp is closed due to rising water.
- FM 945 North: Water across both lanes at the San Jacinto River.
- FM 3128: Roadway is closed west of Rose Hill Road.
- FM 1279: Flooded roadway at Sandy Creek
Area schools are also having to alter their schedule due to the floods:
- Broaddus ISD: Closed Today
- Central Heights ISD: Opening at 10:00 AM
- Chester ISD: Classes start 2 hours late, buses will pick up only on paved roads
- Cushing ISD: Opening at 10:00 AM
- Douglass ISD: Opening at 10 a.m. Buses will run 2 hours later than normal
- Garrison ISD: Opening at 10:00 AM
- Hemphill ISD: Closed Today
- Leggett ISD: Closed Today
- Livingston ISD: Closed Today
- Lufkin Truck Driving Academy closed today and Friday
- Mt. Enterprise ISD: Opening at 10:00 AM
- San Augustine ISD: Closed Today
- Shelbyville ISD: Closed Today
- Timpson ISD: Closed Today
- West Sabine ISD: Opening at 9:00 AM; Buses will start running at 8:00 AM
- Woden ISD: Opening at 10:00 AM
- Tenaha ISD: closed today