10,000 Easter Eggs Featured in Huge Eggstravaganza in Lufkin, TX
It has been a few years since the Lufkin Parks and Recreation Department hosted its annual Easter Egg Hunt. Several factors led to that, not the least of which was the COVID issue of the past 2+ years.
The 20th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza is back on the books. 10,000 Easter eggs will be scattered out and about the various fields of Kit McConnico Park in Lufkin on Saturday, April 8. The park is located at 305 Old Moffett Road, outside the northeast loop in Lufkin.
The City of Lufkin Parks and Recreation Department has partnered with several churches, businesses, and organizations along with Townsquare Media to plan and execute this event which is expected to draw up to 2,000 people.
This year volunteers from City Church and Iglesia La Vina will help facilitate the activities and the egg hunts.
What are the Age Limits and Hunt Schedules?
- 10 am: 0-2 Years Old on Field 5
- 10 am: 5-7 Years Old on Field 8
- 11 am: 3-4 Years Old on Field 5
- 11 am: 8-10 Years Old on Field 8
- 12 noon: 11-12 Years Old on Field 5
A Few Things to Know
- There is a limit of 15 eggs per child
- Participants need to supply their own basket, none will be available at the event
- It's free to participate in the hunts
- There will be free photo ops with the Easter Bunny
- Free lunch will be provided while supplies last by Pilgrims
- There will be other giveaways. Register for those online here.
KICKS 105 and KFOX 95.5 with Townsquare Media will be on-site doing live broadcasts at the event powered by Duran Pools and Spas.
Top Ten Mispronounced Towns in Deep East Texas
Top 5 Texas Cities For Allergies