Meet The Girl Scout Cookies Available in Texas in 2024
When January comes around, that means crawfish season is almost here. You can read more about when crawfish will be available in East Texas by clicking here.
Girl Scout Cookie Season
This is also the time of year when dessert lovers get ready for Girl Scout Cookie sales. Truth be told, I usually start munching on their cookies well before the entree is ready.
The Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council (GSSJC) is excited to announce that Girl Scout cookie season starts on February 10, and cookie fanatics can expect to see cookie booths in their communities on February 16.
Meet The Cookies Available in 2024?
According to the GSSJC, here is the lineup for this year's cookies.
Indulgent brownie-inspired cookies topped with caramel flavored crème with a hint of sea salt
Yummy toast-shaped cookies full of French toast flavor and dipped in delicious icing
Savory, refreshing shortbread cookies topped with a tangy lemon-flavored icing
Iconic shortbread cookies inspired by the original Girl Scout cookie recipe
Crisp, chocolate cookies dipped in a delicious mint chocolaty coating
Peanut Butter Patties®
Crispy cookies layered with peanut butter and covered with a chocolaty coating. Also known as Tagalongs.
Crisp cookies with caramel, coconut, and chocolaty stripes. Previously identified as Samoas.
Peanut Butter Sandwich
Crunchy oatmeal sandwich cookies with peanut butter filling. Also known as Do-Si-Dos
Caramel Chocolate Chip
Gluten-free! Chewy cookies with rich caramel, semisweet chocolate chips, and a hint of sea salt
“Launching into a new Girl Scout cookie season is like opening a door to endless possibilities for our girls and their troops,” said Mary Vitek, CEO of GSSJC. “Through the cookie program, girls learn essential life skills, develop confidence, and build a foundation for future success.”
A Little Price Hike
Although the program this year includes a price increase to $6 per box, troops will receive a 20% increase over last year's cookie sale proceeds, allowing them to fund trips, camp outings, and other Girl Scouting activities. All proceeds from Girl Scout cookies play a crucial role in supporting various initiatives:
- Covering Program Costs: The proceeds contribute to covering the costs of running the Girl Scout Cookie Program, including the production of cookies, materials, and logistics.
- Empowering Community Projects: Funds generated from cookie sales are dedicated to supporting Take Action projects for the community and facilitating girl-led adventures for troops.
- Investing in Girl Scout Programs: The council allocates resources to provide Girl Scout programs in STEM, the outdoors, life skills, entrepreneurship, camps, and leadership training.
- Local Impact: A significant 60 percent of the proceeds directly support local programs, such as horseback riding, STEM initiatives, and camp experiences, enriching the lives of girls within the San Jacinto Council.
- Cookie Program and Vendor Costs: Approximately 21 percent of the proceeds cover the costs associated with the cookie program and vendor expenses.
- Troop Rewards and Recognitions: The remaining 19 percent is allocated to troop proceeds and girl recognitions, ensuring that the hard work and dedication of each Girl Scout are acknowledged and rewarded.
The 2024 program runs through March 24. For more information regarding Girl Scouts cookies, please visit https://www.gssjc.org/en/cookies.html.
12 Most Popular Christmas Cookies
Gallery Credit: Billy Jenkins
All The Flavors of Blue Bell Ice Cream
Gallery Credit: Danny Merrell