How to Watch September 11 Memorial Ceremony Coverage Online
There are numerous choices for watching Friday's September 11 memorial ceremonies online. Here are a few of them:
In New York, the reading of the names of the victims will commence in the morning, with six moments of silence:
- 8:46 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash Flight 11 into floors 93 through 99 of the North Tower (1 WTC). (After this, the reading will begin.)
- 9:03 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 through 85 of the South Tower (2 WTC).
- 9:37 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon, near Washington, D.C.
- 9:59 a.m.: The South Tower (2 WTC) collapses.
- 10:03 a.m.: After learning of the other attacks, passengers on United Airlines Flight 93 launch a counterattack on hijackers aboard their plane to try to seize control of the aircraft. In response, the hijackers crash the plane into an empty field near Shanksville, Pa.
- 10:28 a.m.: The North Tower (1 WTC) collapses. The 16-acre World Trade Center site is in ruins, with collateral damage affecting all adjacent properties and streets. A rescue and recovery effort begins immediately.
Ceremonies will also be held at the Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.