Brookshire Brothers Awards Over $100K to Community Charities
Organizations that lay the foundation for stronger communities will have more resources to help them help others thanks to Brookshire Brothers. On Tuesday, the Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation awarded more than $100,000 in grants to 16 non-profits and 5 education foundations across its market.
The grants give organizations the resources they need to continue living out their mission of serving those in need. Trustees and company executives presented funds to the recipients on Tuesday, January 24th at the George H. Henderson Jr Exposition Center in Lufkin.
In making the presentations, Brookshire Brothers President, CEO and Charitable Foundation Board Member Jerry Johnson said, “We are simply grocers. You are the boots on the ground. We thank you for what you do and for allowing us to participate in a small way. It’s our privilege to help further your good work through the Foundation’s support.”
During the last decade, the Brookshire Brothers Charitable Foundation has given more than $900,000 to a variety of non-profits. For more than fifteen years, Brook-shire Brothers has invited its vendors to play in two Charitable Foundation golf tournaments each year. Vendor partners appreciate the opportunity to network with their colleagues while raising money for more than twenty worthy causes – all which support children and families and align with the grocer’s core values. The funds are granted based on the organizations’ needs and application requests.
The 2017 recipients are:
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council of Deep East Texas (ADAC)
- American Cancer Society
- Angelina Arts Alliance
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
- CRRC of Canyon Lake
- Court Appointed Special Advocates-CASA in the Pines
- East Texas Alliance for Children (Harold’s House)
- Friends of the Ellen Trout Zoo
- Gateway Community Partners
- The Joseph House, Inc
- Junior Achievement of Angelina County, Inc
- Junior League of Lufkin
- Lufkin State Supported Living Center – Volunteer Services Council
- The Mosaic Center, Inc
- Texas Forestry Museum
- Women’s Shelter of East Texas
- Friends of Hamilton ISD
- Hemphill ISD Education Foundation
- Lufkin ISD Education Foundation
- McGregor ISD Education Foundation
- Wells ISD Education Foundation
In addition to these contributions, Brookshire Brothers has a separate employee-run Donations Committee which meets monthly to consider hundreds of donation requests from throughout the company’s footprint.