East Texas School Delays, Closures for Tuesday, January 12
The majority of schools in Deep East Texas were closed on Monday due to Sunday's snowfall across the area. Although the threat of wintry precipitation is now gone, power outages and the very real threat of icy roads Tuesday morning are causing several schools to delay their starting times.
Lufkin ISD has already made the call to start classes two hours later than normal on Tuesday. Buses will run two hours later on established pickup times for students.
Here's the list of delayed starts that we have so far. (We will update as more schools notify us)
- ALTO ISD - 10 a.m. start, staff reports at 9:15
- APPLE SPRINGS ISD - 10 a.m. start, no breakfast, buses run 2 1/2 hours later than normal
- CENTER ISD - Classes canceled due to no power
- CENTERVILLE ISD (Trinity County) - Classes will start at 10 a.m. Buses will run two hours late.
- CENTRAL ISD - Classes start at 10 a.m. Buses run 2 hours late
- CENTRAL HEIGHTS ISD - 2 hour delayed start, buses will run 2 hours later than normal
- CHIRENO ISD - 2 hour delayed start
- CORRIGAN-CAMDEN ISD - 2 hour delayed start
- CROCKETT ISD - start at 10 a.m.
- ETOILE - 2 hour delayed start
- EXCELSIOR ISD - No school Tuesday due to power outage
- GROVETON ISD - 10 am start for Tuesday
- HUDSON ISD - Will start 2 hours later
- KENNARD ISD - Classes canceled for Tuesday
- KID COUNTRY & KID COUNTRY TOO - Will open at 10 a.m.
- LUFKIN ISD - 2 hour delayed start. Buses will run two hours later on established pickup times for students
- NACOGDOCHES ISD - Classes canceled for Tuesday due to power outage issues
- PINEYWOODS (PCA) - 2 hour delayed start.
- SHELBYVILLE ISD - Classes canceled Tuesday
- SFA classes will resume and offices will reopen at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12. The SFA Charter School and Early Childhood Laboratory also will open at 11 a.m.
- ST. CYPRIAN'S - Classes start at 10 a.m. Parents may begin to drop off students beginning at 9:30.
- WELLS ISD - Classes will start at 10 a.m.
- WODEN ISD - No school Tuesday due to power outage