Register Your Mutton Busters for the Angelina Benefit Rodeo
The Angelina Benefit Rodeo is coming to the George H Henderson Jr Expo Center April 26th-29th, starting at 7 nightly. One of the great feature events of the rodeo is the championship mutton bustin'.
Once again, 12 young cowboys and cowgirls each night of the rodeo will try their hands at riding sheep for top points. If you know someone who is interested in riding here are some important details:
- Contestants must be between 5-9 years of age
- Contestants must weigh less than 60 pounds (they will be weighed at the rodeo)
- The only place to register is at Boot Barn in Lufkin, however, there will be two riders chosen through KICKS VIP Rewards
- 12 riders will be drawn to ride each night. That's a total of 48 riders, hundreds of kids register, so, unfortunately, there will be quite a few kids that will not get drawn.
- Riders will be drawn on Tuesday, April 25th during the KICKS Road Show at Boot Barn. Drawings will start at 3pm, so make sure kids are registered by that time.
- Riders will be announced on KICKS 105 during the remote, plus, parents will be contacted by a representative of the Lions Club.
- The Lions Club is responsible for doing the drawings of the riders.